There are presently no open calls for submissions.
We're on summer vacation in July and August!! 😎🌴🏖🌊 Submissions will reopen on September 1. Email any and all questions to email@example.com and we'll get back to you when we can. Bye for now! ✌️
The MacGuffin is a triannual litmag published by Schoolcraft College. Here are our general submission guidelines. You can find genre specific guidelines in each form.
- We do not accept work that has been previously published in print or online.
- Do not send revisions unless our editors have requested them. If there's a mistake with your submission, please send us a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org instead of withdrawing.
- No cover letters are required. The information you include in the Submittable form will suffice.
- We accept simultaneous submissions if informed. We expect prompt notification if the work is accepted elsewhere. Manuscripts may be withdrawn until we send an acceptance notification to you.
- We do not consider translations.
- All files must be sent as .doc, .docx, or .rtf. We will not make any edits to your submission without informing you first. Authors whose work is accepted will receive galley proofs before publication.
- Please use Times New Roman 12pt. For work that requires specific spacing/formatting, use Palatino or Book Antiqua.
- The MacGuffin is published by Schoolcraft College. Upon publication, all publishing rights revert back to the author. Contributors receive two copies.